I am a big lover of tea.
Earl Grey, milk and one sugar being a favourite.
Recently I have been trying to cut down the caffeine and sugar in my diet so I thought I'd give green tea a whirr.
I will be honest with you - I don't think it's that great.
I have discovered that green tea can taste good, and my most recent favourite is Cherry Bakewell Green Tea from Twinings - this is not a sponsored post but I'm not yet aware of a cherry bakewell flavoured tea from any other tea manufacturer!
Today I was in the mood for baking, not really the best way to cut down on sugar I know. But I'd done my yoga and walked to school and back so I thought I'd give myself a treat.
I had glacé cherries and ground almonds in the cupboard so went for it and made up the following which I like to call...
Cherry Bakewell Green Tea Cake
To make you will need:
125g caster sugar
125g SR flour
50g ground almonds
1 cherry bakewell green tea teabag
80g glacé cherries
And you will need to:
- Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Weigh out the margarine, sugar, flour and ground almonds together in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Warm up the milk and add the tea bag for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the milk into the above mixture.
- Cut the cherries in half and mix in.
- Pour the cake mix into a greased and lined 25cm diameter tin and bake at 180c for about 25 minutes until golden and firm.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar!
Once cool, make a brew, cut a slice and enjoy!
x x x